Friday, October 10, 2014

My Stalker: Part 6: Strategic Avoidance & Escalation Abatement

There's a couple of things which are at play which prevent me from going to my boss and perhaps HIS.

1. This act could escalate things beyond where they are right now. Whether it's him being reprimanded, or worse, losing his job. I don't need him to fixate on me any further than he already, obviously is.

2. I remain unimpressed and distressed with my rapport (actually, the LACK of rapport) with one of my two "bossmen." Any time I come to him with any concern, he thinks I am a nag and negative and quite possibly a bitch. I've come to him about actual administrative shit, and he shrugs it off, at one point said "I don't have time for this shit," and even goes so far as to rarely, if ever, acknowledging my emails. It's distressing to be marginalized.  Also, I've been harassed IN FRONT OF HIM by someone else, and he stood there and did nothing.

I don't see much good coming from either of these two scenarios. So. The only thing I am doing, in football parlance, "the best defense is a good offense," and be aware of my surroundings, don't dawdle in remote areas of the building, and get the fuck out on time. Also: Carry pepper spray. 

One co-worker knows (for sure, that I told, though I am sure some folks over-heard this), and my husband knows, too. I was talking about it this a.m. and said how I wasn't sure if it were coincidental or if I'm just paranoid, but I am convinced he is still stalking me on the security cameras. Husband agrees not to do anything until or unless he escalates it. Hopefully that won't happen, but you never know.

I am not overly threatened by him. He's almost 60, out of shape, just had surgery a month ago, so I'm sure I could just punch or kick him in his gut, and make a dash for it if he were to get aggressive with me. But the whole subtext of I AM WATCHING YOU is more than a bit creepy.

And I know he's spreading some sort of rumor about me, because this a.m., upon entering, out-of-the-blue, one of the maintenance men asked me if I were alright. I didn't ask what he meant by that, and just replied, "Of course." But I know that Sal is spreading some sort of rumor about me to explain away why I have been avoiding him like a raging case of Ebola.

That's all I got for now, but I think it'd be hilariously ironic if, upon returning from Dick's Sporting Goods, where I hope to buy a small canister of pepper spray, if he'd somehow or another force an interaction. However, I'll thwart his attempts by doing the switcheroo, by trespassing thru the neighboring high rise, in the most convoluted route possible, to re-enter my building by way of the lobby--and hopefully before he transitions from the loading dock to the front desk at 2 p.m.


ETA: Fuck Dick's Sporting Goods, and fuck New York State. They cannot sell pepper spray. I might have to make a trek over the border to Paramus this weekend to get a wee bit of aerosolized protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment