Thursday, October 23, 2014

My Stalker: Part 12: Nuissance

I haven't exited via the back of the building for days. Half the time he's at the front desk, the other half he's not. 

When he finally returned my book to me, I thought that would be the end of my interaction with him. But no. There was one day when I gave him a pint of homemade chili, and now the main attachment seems to be HIM reminding me that he needs to return my Rubbermaid container to me. Much like the book, I don't care if I get this container back. Just leave me the fuck alone, right?

Just now, I picked up my office phone, and there he was on the other end, asking to speak to me. Obviously he doesn't recognize MY voice, but I have a keen sense of voice recognition and I recognized HIS.

Again, returning a plastic container is not worthy of a call, when in all likelihood he's going to encounter me upon my exiting the building. So instead of forcing one interaction with the eventual hand off of the container, he's not forcing TWO interactions, with this unnecessary telephone call.

My response when I recognized his voice?

I HUNG UP THE PHONE.

Again, I dare say this is too subtle for him.

I cannot wait until this dog shit eventually works its way out of the grooves of my sneakers. I cannot wait to shake the stink off me.

And within five minutes of the call coming through, before hitting "update" on this post, I zapped him a text on his phone:

"Keep the container. Leave me alone."

For continuity purposes, I present a screen grab of the text. As you can see, the first text was in August right before his surgery. And the only other text was today's. It does not get much more direct than this, does it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment