Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Stalker: Part 11: An Interaction

Last night I decided to deviate from the back exit strategy, despite the fact he was already at the front desk. The subtext of this move is, "I am not afraid of you."

And of course, in doing so, I was literally ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR when he called out to me that he had my book. But of course, the book is in his locker, NOT at the front desk. All he got from me was the dead eyed stare of someone not amused, while he rushed to get the book. The only thing he said to me was "thank you." Whatever. I just kept walking.

I thought perhaps maybe he would have responded to my note in kind, with a note of his own, perhaps tucked inside the book. Once I got to the parking garage but before I got to my car, I opened the book up to see nothing but paper debris (receipts, business cards, etc) tucked inside, all of which I tossed in the trash. And the book in question? I placed on top of the trash bin, thinking if someone came along and wanted it, it was theirs for the taking. I did not want that book or its energy or attachment to him in my house.

Now that the book has been dealt with, thereby eliminating any further need or expectation of interaction, I am hoping this is the end of it. But I am still on my guard, and I have effectively and totally disengaged from him.

If for whatever reason he insists on trying to stop me again, I will be blunt and say, "What part of leave me alone, don't you GET?" and I'll just keep walking.

I remain convinced that he isn't aware he's dead to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment