Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Stalker: Part 4: As It Stands, Currently

I'm still doing the strategic avoidance routine with him. Trying to stay as far away from him and the security monitors as possible.

Monday night, I was running a few minutes late, too late for me to try to escape by way of the lobby (before he transitions from the loading dock to the front console for his final hour of his work day), so I opted to go out the backdoor (subtext: Convoluted exit plan). 

I come out, and think I'm home free, and just as I pass the garage entrance (which leads to the loading dock where he is most of the day), he quickly comes up around the corner (I don't know what he could possibly have been doing out there, as he was clearly between our building (#44) and the next building (#34, which is the building I have been trespassing through in order to avoid passing the front desk of #44).

He quickly came up and around the corner of the building to go back into the garage (was he waiting there for me? I honestly don't know), and I'm so near sighted (and polite) that before my brain could identify that it WAS HIM, I blurted out, "Hey," and he looked up and said, "Hey," and kept walking, with a sheepish type look on his face.

So that was the single, solitary interaction he's had with me since LAST MONDAY, and he neither: 1. Told me, "Let me get your book," or 2. Said "I'm sorry." He just kept walking. At this point, I couldn't care less if I get either the book or the apology. I feel fairly certain he is either intimidated by me that I was so direct (I told him what he was doing wrong, but didn't berate him or be cruel about it), or he thinks I am nuts. In either case, I have downgraded him from "Friend" to "Asshole," and quite possibly am going to label him (for future reference) as a sociopath. How could someone who (claims to have been) was a SOCIAL WORKER be so utterly clueless and classless? It baffles my mind. Even though I *know* that sociopaths hide in plain sight, usually in positions of power, and can be otherwise charming individuals. This makes them all the more sinister, IMHO.

So, tonight, with any luck, I will leave here about 10 minutes early, and will traipse thru the lobby, and hopefully he will not be there yet. And if he is, I'm just going to keep walking. I have nothing to be ashamed of.  I am still not convinced that this is the very last of this saga given how last week escalated so quickly. 

I have issued forth a new edict to the cosmos/universe: NO NEW FRIENDS.  I very much feel like that line of dialogue from the movie As Good As It Gets, "Go Sell Crazy Some Place Else, We're All Stocked Up Here." I'd say I'm good with friends. I don't need a tribe of hundreds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment