Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Obtuse, Thy Name is "Audrey"

(Re: Audrey, see also: Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.)

Rather than craft a full on blog post, I figure I'll just do a "Quick and Dirty" cliffnotes/high points blog post utilizing a very cleaned up, redacted C&P of the conversation I had with my friend, who was so very kind to me for taking a few minutes out of his day to visit my mom. This will not be a good deed/request which will be repeated. She's just not worth the effort. 

Him: Hey! Just got back was there for a little over 10 minutes would have stayed longer but the pity stuff you told me about started coming out.(how dare you block her from FB! lol!) anyway I was nice and pleasant told her if she needed anything to call you to let me know. 

Me: tell me everything. she is a trainwreck, isn't she? did i lie about any of it? 

Him: not at all. her eyes lit up when I told her I was a chef and she went into her being a cook at the nursing home she added she cooks better than what she is getting there and also asked if I was married I hear wedding bells!!LOL!! 

Me: She's a horrible cook. 

Him: oh yeah its (talking about food) somewhat of an icebreaker other than that well you and your sis almost never come to see her and the only one that does anything for her is her soninlaw as she was trying to say it in a nice way (in her own words)lol nice saying that to a complete stranger eh? as if she wouldn't think that I wouldn't tell you that 

Me: My brother in law only does sooo much because he loves my sister and because if my sis continued to do everything shed never see her daughter. 

Him: i was surprised i made it 10 minutes such negativity 

Me: (Internal dialogue I didn't share: I'm surprised I've survived 45 years of her narcissism and negativity.) My bottom line is i refuse to kill myself to make her happy, because clearly, that is impossible to accomplish. 

END NOTE: Neither my mother nor my sister have acknowledged my friend's visit. I'm not angry. I don't regret having normal impulses to help my mother and my sister, who clearly are abnormal. However, I am disgusted by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment