Tuesday, February 18, 2014

More Telephone Twattery

So, about that telephone call from Saturday? You remember, where my sister called and didn't leave a voicemail, expecting me to call her? I texted her back late Saturday night, and to date, I still haven't heard back from her.

So today, my desk phone rings, and I glance at the caller ID and immediately shriek out to the other secretary, "VOICE MAIL THAT!" so she won't accidentally pick up my line. And you guessed right if you were thinking, "did the cell phone ring next?" BADDABING! CORRECT!  So I hit the little prompt that came up on my phone to let the caller know I'm in a meeting.  And of course, again, zero voicemail was left.

I speak on the phone all day long at work. I speak with assholes throughout my day. The last thing I want to do is TALK to anyone at the end of my day, much less IN THE MIDDLE OF MY WORK DAY, when really, the only reason she's calling is to unload more negativity onto me. I'm not built for the never ending negativity, the never ending hand holding from  mom, and the thought that I'm too stupid to know that both, mom and my sister, both are talking poorly about me.  

So, if she cannot respond to my texts, I won't respond to her phone calls. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment