Tuesday, November 7, 2017

YentaBeast: Timeline, Third Shitty Incident, December 5, 2001

In the beginning of December 2001, my brother and YB got married in a hush-hush marriage ceremony performed by a Justice-of-the-Peace in northwestern NJ.

Imagine my surprise when I came to learn that both sets of parents and both sets of siblings were invited; however, I was not included. Later on, I was told they didn't think I'd attend anyway, given it was on a Wednesday night and so far from my house.

I still think I should have been the one to make that determination.

So why "hush-hush?" They were married for six full months before their wedding, or as I call it the $20,000 mad grab for cash and gifts. They got married so soon so she could go on his medical insurance. And hush-hush, because if other extended family were to know that they are already married, those relatives probably would be less inclined to attend the other wedding (subtext: and would be less inclined to give cash gifts).

When the invitation came for the June nuptials, Maharajah proved himself to be a fabulous husband and booked us a vacation in Ft. Lauderdale instead, it would prove to be a far more enjoyable thing to do with our time (and our money).

No comments:

Post a Comment