Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Shitstorm: The Last Word

Yesterday after receiving what I thought was the last email in the series of hatred from my sister, I decided to block her email address, because HELLO YOU ARE STIRRING SHIT AT WORK, and have pre-emptively blocked all numbers associated with her on my cell phone, and tonight every last one of her phone numbers will be added to our reject list at home. So if you're keeping track at home, this is the highest level of emotional insulation I've had to enact. EVER.

This morning, of course, when I got into the office, I had to check my quarantine folder out of some sense of morbid curiosity. And of course, there's the final email. I tried to release the email and it got stuck in the ether. It took a while for IT to figure it out for me. And while I cannot view it as an email, I am able to read the body of the reply. 

For continuity, I am pasting it herein. And a few weeks or months or perhaps years from now when I feel some pang of sentimentality, I shall sit back and re-read all of this disgraceful stuff, and be reminded of why I things are as they are.

The reply (which will go unacknowledged):
I am deleting this after this email, talk about drama, maybe your stalker is right . FYI the world doesn't revolve around you, I have many things that you have not bothered to involve yourself in. E. never had a first communion, in our church they do not do that. And speaking about E. you have sent her a few random text messages in the middle of school to  which she is not allowed on her phone. E. is almost an adult and can  form her own opinions on people and believe me you are not the topic of conversation. You have made your decision and unlike you I will no longer be responding to your ranting Emails. I tried to open up a dialog but as usual you have to get the last word in. So I guess this is your famous F you letter. I do not wish anything bad for you and wish you nothing  but the best for you and your husband, and I am also too old to be dealing with this kind of drama if you re read this email in its entirety maybe you can see what I was trying to say. But for now it is probably for the best that we have no further communication.
*Note the zinger about her agreeing with my Stalker. The subtext of that is pretty potent, that I deserve to be victimized. Pretty cruel and sad all rolled into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment