Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Insanity = Doing The Same Thing Repeatedly & Expecting a Different Outcome

I saw this in my feed today and thought how very timely and fitting given what I am going through.

Not a holiday goes by without my sister drumming up drama with someone. Last year it was our sister-in-law; years before, my mom; and now this year, she's contriving some nonsense with me. 

Obviously, I cannot change her behaviors, all I can do is change mine. All this is to say (or repeat saying, as I did state as such in yesterday's blog post) that I won't be rewarding abusive behavior by giving her more access to me, and I'm changing my focus regarding to whom or with whom I share myself and my precious commodity of TIME.

I'm fairly upset about having to be in such a position to cut myself off from another abusive relationship, but I suppose this is because the hurt is so raw and new. And a week or a month from now, the pain will be blunted, and the silence (and lack of apology or even awareness from/by my sister) will be enough to bolster me and my decision to just disengage.

My tack moving forward will be to meet force with force. I won't call her. And if she dares to call me, I'll just let it roll to voice mail and not bother to call her back. Whatever happens regarding mom and any future hospitalizations I will need to find out via my brother or my aunt. So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment