Monday, June 8, 2020

The Eulogy

Even though I am not a religious person, I always found this passage from Romans 5:1-5 particularly useful, if not comforting: 


Speaking to character and perseverance, one could read this passage and view our earthly sufferings as an exercise in “character building,” however, the core theme of this passage is to appreciate and accept our burdens, as it’s our burdens that lead us back to God. 

Regarding character, mom was a quite the “character.” Most of us, I’m sure, have crazy stories involving her. 

Regarding perseverance, her life was a mix of stubbornness and determination—perspective is everything on this. 

As our mother, she was aware of (most of) the burdens her children carry; and conversely, and we, her children were acutely aware of the burdens she had to carry in life. I am sure it wasn’t easy for her to be Ann

Today, I’m accepting my burden of grief; and hope that mom is liberated from her burdens and is on her way back to her God, and that her suffering is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment