Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Travel Preparations

Prescriptions filled? Check!
Gifties for friend? Check!
Reading material for plane? Check!
Mail hold? Check!
Travel notifications for bank? Check!
Obligatory yet cheapest floral arrangement for Mother's Day ordered? HOLD ON THERE, PARTNER! WHOAHHHHH!!!

Yeah. So before I go to the trouble of placing an order for a floral arrangement to "celebrate" my least favorite holiday on planet Earth, I need to know a crucial detail: An address.

So I look up the address for Shady Pines. Then pause. I call my sister to find out if Audrey will still be at the home or if she will in fact, BE HOME.  

Nuts and bolts of the conversation involved more of Audrey's demands and cluelessness, and her insistence upon SHE WANTS TO BE HOME LIKE YESTERDAY. Sis had coordinated with the social worker to have Audrey released on the 13th, as nothing in the house is ready: no food, no insulin drawn up into syringes (because, yes, sadly, Audrey is THAT EFFING LAZY and won't draw them up on her own), the new electric recline and lift chair hasn't been delivered yet. But god damn it, Audrey wants to go home now, and it doesn't matter that she can't do a damned thing herself, and that others are doing her laundry and food preparations, and pushing her 400 pound, BUMP ON A LOG self, to therapy etc. She cannot walk. She merely takes a few steps here and there, and well. Fuck her.

I told sis that I let our aunt know about my plan, and my worries that Audrey is grinding sis down to a nub. I don't really care if the information gets back to Audrey or not. It's the truth. And well... ah. Bah. You know the deal.

So I looped the conversation back to when and where should I send the flowers, and was left with nothing conclusive. If she comes home on the 12th and I have the delivery on the 12th, WHAT IF the delivery happens before she comes home? And I'd rather not have it delivered before Mother's Day because then it'd be one more thing to be lugged back home. And at the moment, I fail to possess enough give a shit to even buy the boquet. 


It's all artifice and facade. I know. Gah. So much of life IS illusion and/or delusion. And for me, perpetuating the "maternal delusion" is a lot easier than bucking it at this point. And while I could "Ferberize" her, and not acknowledge the day, or HER, in the end it's more bothersome for me to deal with the after effects. So I view a token bouquet as nothing more than shutting her up. 

ETA: Fuck it. I found the most neutral MD card I could find, and will either drop it in the mail tomorrow night, or have my co-worker drop it in the mail on my behalf mid-week.  $3 card vs $30 floral arrangement. In either event, both will be forgotten and quickly tossed in the trash. Economics wins by a nose!

No comments:

Post a Comment