Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Another Rousing Game of Telephone

SO. 

My sister may or may not have bronchial carcinoma. Or it might be scar tissue and pneumonia (this is the latest thing being bandied about by the pulmonologist).

My sister called me and let me know what was what, and I honored my promise to keep it to myself, not to call mom or my brother. 

After mom called my sister for like the thirtieth time today, my sister (fully jacked on Xanax) blurted out how she hadn't been feeling well, was in the hospital, and by the way, hey, it might be lung cancer.  

Mom then asked if sis was going to tell me and my brother, and my sister said, "Oh yes, I already told Maven. She's the only one in the family who can keep a secret." (I do, spectacularly, if I say so myself.)

So here it is, 2.5 months of mom in the nursing facility. And in that amount of time, my mother has called me precisely thrice, with two of those calls being today, and they were back to back, nearly the moment I got off the phone with my sister. (I let it roll to voicemail. Can't give the woman even an inch of leverage, otherwise she will be calling ME thirty times a day, at work.)

"I know you know. Call me."

Yeee hah! Let me get right on that.  (NOT.)

Sis will remain in hospital perhaps until Thurs/Friday. Thursday she has the bronchoscopy. Hopefully they will know more soon after.

In the meantime, hurry up and wait, and hope that it's scar tissue and pneumonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment