Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fast Breaking News From Shady Pines

Audrey broke the Hoyer.

(Quickly scampers off to Google to see what the maximum weight capacity is for the lift..."interesting...hmmmm.")*

Conversation started typical enough:

Me: Your phone's been on the blink.
Her: Everyone says that.
Me: No. Seriously. I called you the other night, and it went to the switch board, and they couldn't transfer me back to your room.
(When she didn't get what she wanted, me getting irritated by being called a liar, she went on to detail how the Hoyer broke while she was suspended in it.)

Conversation couldn't have been more than 7 minutes. I got into what's going on here, and before you know it, "Oh, the nurse is here. Gotta go." By the time I hung up the phone, the husband was LOLing HARD in the kitchen. "She pulled a Kathy on you!" Oh did he laugh and laugh! It was like it was Christmas and giggles snowed down from the skies he was laughing so hard. Which then, of course, made me laugh hard, because I never thought he paid that much attention to what goes on with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment