Friday, July 12, 2013

She Opens Her Mouth And Nothing BUT STUPIDITY Comes Out.

In the on-going battle of fortitude (and wits) with my mother, re: the Great Telephone Time Out of 2013, I won this round. Given the last time I called her, which was two weeks after my trip abroad, she was so cold and distant and bitchy, if she wants to speak to me, she can pick up the phone to call me herself. I'm not expending one more iota of energy catering to her demands.

So either her computer was on the blink or the curiosity got the better of her (re: my ongoing medical issues) or what, she broke down and called me (during working hours) and left a vm on my cell, which I did not return the call until I got home, and until I finished eating my dinner. Subtext: When it was convenient FOR ME to do so.

This conversational snippet is from last night's conversation.

Her: Your cousin came down w/her bf. Oh he's a big boy... A BIG BOY.
Me: Uh. Yeah. I met him in December at the funeral.
Her: But he's a BIG BOY. And he's got diabetes.
Me: Well...She's a BIG GIRL. And your point is?
Her: They're so young, and well... (fortunately for me, she did not choose to regale me ONCE MORE about how diabetes affects male sexual function... AS IF I needed to have that in my collection of memories involving my dad, who had diabetes.)
Me: Well given our family's predisposition to diabetes, it's only a matter of time until SHE has it too.
Her: Huh? What? The connection is bad.
Me: She's a BIG GIRL... it's only a matter of time before SHE has it too.
Her: (rethinking what she was saying, I suppose), Well, BOTH of her grandmother's had diabetes.
Me: My point exactly.
Her: *crickets*

What really bothers me is this bubble of denial my mother is in about exactly HOW big she really is, and how judgmental she is about any OTHER person of size. Rather than being happy that my fucked up cousin actually found someone, someone who is a decent guy, rather than be HAPPY for my cousin, mom has to find something wrong with him. 

In a very real way, not only has she become her father, but she's turned into her father's mother (the one from whom all the "compassion" (sarcasm intended) emanates). Apparently, growing up, hearing her Italian grandmother say in broken English, "ohh... you're so FAT!" is totally lost on her.

FUCK HER!

End Note: as of 2/07/14, her weight has tipped in at a smooth 401 lbs, which was verified, surreptitiously, on the digital scale read out on the bariatric bed she was forced to lay upon during her hospitalization in February 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment