Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Family Fuckery Continues

So--without even so much as extending condolences to me and my siblings directly, a cousin of mom's decided to take it upon her to arrange a "mass" on Faceb**k. Not sure how that works exactly. Also--mom wasn't catholic for the last 52 years of her life. This cousin did not consult with any of us. I probably wouldn't be as upset if mom's sister decided to do this, because well, my aunt was more actively involved in mom's life than this cousin.
Additionally, this blue haired old bitty discovered Faceb**k, she stopped communicating directly with me via emails

Mind you, this cousin decided when dad died in 2008 that she wasn't going to come back east for any more "sad occasions." The last time I saw this cousin in person was perhaps in 2004 or 2005.

Mind you, I went to her exhusband's wake/viewing, as well as his mother's, to support this cousin's sons, of whom I had always been close. Her sons also managed NOT to show up at my dad's funeral too--a detail that truly hurt. The last time I saw the oldest of her sons was in July 2008 when I was in New Hampshire for a conference--and it hurt they couldn't be bothered to support me when my dad died.

This has nothing to do with showing support for us, as we were the children of the person that passed; and it also is presumptuous to think we aren't doing anything to mark her passing--and will do so once the church receives the remains. Again, that would require someone to actually COMMUNICATE. I cannot help but view this with a jaundiced eye, and as yet one more indication mom's mother's family all don't know how to communicate and also have issues with empathy and boundary issues too.

 Also, for someone who writes for a living, I find her use of quotes around the word "comment" to be confusing. She writes for a local rag the farmers read--it's not as if she writes for the NY Times.

Today marks 15 days since mom passed--no personal family condolences extended. Though I have been blessed with extended relatives who check in from time to time--even my acupuncturist sent me a lovely card with heartfelt sentiments written within it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment