Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Forgot to Share This on March 4th

A bit of absurdity I neglected to share, and here I am, clearing out some of the photos off my phone, and totally forgot about this.

I visited my mother for her birthday in March, and she allowed me to snap this photo in all its glorious fuckeduppedness.

What you're witnessing here is what happens when you accidentally bend (quite possibly reused) your syringe and empty the contents (insulin) under the skin rather, I guess, into the meat, and then let the insulin pool there, subcutaneously (rather than try to squeeze out a blister full of insulin), and then of course, it gets infected. OH! And of course, NOT seek out medical attention for it.

At least she was keeping it clean--but STILL? I'm not a nurse, and yet, I'm relegated to this role, because she's stupid.

I wish I had a Kennedy half dollar for scale, as I believe the open wound's circumference was roughly that size. I ended up going to CVS to get some OTC silver based wound spray and that helped clear things up. She DID have a tub of Silvadene (or however you spell it), which was filthy and no doubt expired. This should have been a huge indicator that she shouldn't be left alone at home. WHO ALLOWS THIS TO HAPPEN TO THEMSELVES?  

No comments:

Post a Comment