Thursday, August 3, 2017

So. She Called.


This post is about whatever transpired after I left the hospital on Saturday and roughly 2 p.m. Sunday.

I'm driving home on Sunday and my phone began to ring. It was my sister. I did not pick up (because, HELLO! I was driving!). 

I got home, and the Maharajah and I listened to the message. He turned to me and said, "Call her back and end this."

Her message:
"Hi. It's me. Mom is fine. I just wanted to call you and talk to you for a couple minutes if you have time. If you get a chance, give me a call back, or if not, I guess I'll talk to you... whatever. Bye."

So yeah. Color me confused, especially considering the last communication from her was so awful. I'm really tired of this game. It's annoying and boring me more than anything else, to be honest.  I called back and this was my reply:
"Hi. This is me, calling you back." 

That was Sunday; here it is Thursday, 5:13 p.m., and still no reply by phone or text. And I'm okay with that. 

To be honest, I am not interested in having a relationship with her. I don't trust her. And where there is no trust, what is left, really?  

I then called mom to find out WTF is going on, and allegedly (reminder: Audrey IS a Category Five Manipulator, and my sister's voicemail had mom's greasy finger prints all over it). Allegedly, my sister claims to want to end this. Mom said, "if you call her, she'll either answer the phone or call you back." That was what prompted the call. I guess, guilt. And my sister *did* the bare minimum and called, so at least she could tell mom she called and not be a liar. It doesn't matter that now SHE is not taking my call, so again, she's back in the power position, a position I did not want her to be in--this was the entire reason why I did not want to be the one to try and call her--because she never fucking answers her phone. 

I'm now left with this prevailing feeling of being made to look like a fool--and even less inclined to go out of my way for anyone, Audrey, my sister, whomever. 

This right here is worse than a death. At least a death has an endpoint. This insanity has no end in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment