Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Having Normal Impulses Redux

As you might suspect (well, if you KNOW ME personally), I don't take things lightly. And while I can do and WAS doing a fine enough job talking myself out of the notion of texting my sister today, on the occasion of her 25th wedding anniversary, I discussed the situation with my therapist, and while he DID validate my point of view (especially on the mathematics involved in the lack of reciprocity), he managed to give me a bit of food for thought on me NOT stifling the urge to be loving/kind, and that if I were to text the sentiment to her, it could be construed as my asserting myself or even empowering. 

I pondered it for about an hour after our session, and I figured WHAT THE FUCK, and jotted off the text at 10:20 a.m. Here it is, 4:42, and it has not been acknowledged (this was one of the possible resulting scenarios I had tossed around in my head). 

Whatever. I did my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment