Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Cannot Decipher This

Do I have oppositional defiance disorder, or do I just have a very low threshold for bullshit/abuse/narcissism/cruelty/hostility? I cannot tell, to be honest.

So, Sunday my sister did another of her high speed verbal downloads, downloading all her resentment and shit upon me, as if I were her own personal vessel into which she vents. She mentioned in passing, "can you call her?"


Here it is, Tuesday, and I haven't called. I thought about it briefly then got distracted with LIFE. I don't feel any great compulsion to do so. I'm totally indifferent to that request.  

I detest games of "telephone." In this case, it's like the telephone equivalent of a staring contest, where the person who breaks down and calls, LOSES. The phone works both ways. If Audrey is so damned lonely, she will call.

And in both cases, Audrey or my sister, it's not even like I can talk about interesting shit, like perhaps MY GREAT trip I just had, without seeming like I am gloating. Or worse, I talk about something good, and everything good has to be, MUST BE, countered with something awful.

Sis: How was your trip?
Me: Fine fine. (Had to pre-emptively put a negative in here before she does) I was in pain the entire time. How's Viking Warrior Aunt?
Sis: They think she's got brain cancer now.

Just.
Like.
That.

2 comments:

  1. I think you just have a low tolerance for drama and bullshit.

    That reply is just shocking. And you are right... with a reply like that, nothing you said would be right... you are slated to lose no matter how you reply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Damned if I do, or don't. So I find it a more economical use of my time and energy to take the path of least resistance, or in this case, the path of least expenditure of energy and do nothing.

    The Maharajah's grandmother used to have a saying that went along the lines of "If you do nothing at all, at least 75% of your problems will sort themselves out." SAGE ADVICE!

    ReplyDelete